Thursday, April 7, 2011

Meet Your Egg Hiders - Kristin and Kim

This easter egg hunt has really given me a chance to learn a little more about some of my fellow Etsy Maine Teamers.  I'm amazed by the stories they have to share, and by their talents more and more each day.  Today is no different with the two featured Easter Egg hunt participants here.

First up is Kristin from Burnt Meadow Beads
 
Bluette Fairy Flower Pin

 When describing having a look around Burnt Meadow Beads the first word that comes to mind is: FRESH.  From the soft colors, to the floral-inspired jewelry, the feeling of spring fills my senses.  I just want to lay out in the grass, soaking in sun rays, and just...be.  I love when things give me that sense, and I know you will too once you take a look around her shop. 
 
What is your fondest memory of Easter?
My best memory of Easter is going on Easter Egg hunts with my sister Elizabeth and searching high and low for eggs that were really hidden well! Sometimes they were planted in bird houses, under our porch, in a pocket of a dress hanging on the clothesline and one time even in the mailbox. I think my parents loved watching us run around trying to frantically gather the most eggs.
 
Tweet Tweet Earrings

Do you and/or your family have special Easter? A Spring tradition in my family is starting our indoor gardens. My father and I are both avid gardeners and enjoy swapping seeds, starting them indoors. My favorite is our deep discussions about "this years tomato season" or "how to get bigger pumpkins this year" often times over coffee when there is still inches of snow left to melt!


How do you celebrate Easter?
Now that I have a home of my own I enjoy doing a Easter basket for my husband Josh who loves chocolate! We have a yellow lab named Sam and I always get him something special too :D


Next up is Kim from Winter Solstice Dreams

 
Tooth Fairy Pillow Blue Puppy
 Sometimes your battery needs to be recharged; a long day can be from chasing after a toddler all day or dealing with toddler-esque co-worker.  No matter what it comes from, or even if it's just because, finding some soothing scented items to help bring rest and relaxation is only a click away at Winter Solstice Dreams.  You can find eye pillows, draft blockers, sachets, bookmarks, etc all featuring scents straight from the natural surroundings of Maine.

Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Kim and I am mother to an adorable toddler named Veronica and wife to a very funny, High School chemistry teacher named Walter, I myself am a former English teacher who left the field to stay home with Veronica once she was born. Winter Solstice Dreams was born in the fall of 2009 when I decided to get back into creativity and crafting. I have always crafted in some way shape or form (even when I worked in Radio ) and decided to do what I love. I have been working with herbs and essential oils for over 15 years and wanted to share that love and knowledge with others; sachets and eye pillows were born.


Patchouli and Lavender Pudgy Sachet
We live in rural, Western Maine on 4 acres of land. We continually strive to find ways to create, reuse, and become more and more self-reliant wherever and whenever we can. I absolutely love Maine and everything about Maine. I am a transplant but can't imagine living anywhere else in the world. Am very proud of this great state that I now call HOME.

What is your best memory from Easter?
When I was 6, I received my first REALLY big Easter basket, filled with peeps and other yummy treats. I remember waking up to it in my bedroom and being so happily surprised.
Do you and/or your family have special Easter?
We don't as of yet but plan on doing something really fun this year as little Veronica is just about two and would love an Easter egg hunt!
Do you actually eat the eggs you dye for Easter?
Yes, of course!
What do you get for Easter?
A card and some peeps but this year is going to be MUCH different!!! :)
How does the Easter Bunny bring all the baskets to everyone?
 OH I think he is really a good friend to Santa Claus. Santa gives him a list of names and addresses. It's a way to keep tabs on the good boys and girls. ;)

Have you found all the eggs and submitted your answer, yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Check out the blog for details if you need a reminder! And search "easteregghunt" on Etsy for an easy way of finding the eggs! Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. fashion has always a image in this world without fashion color of life is really dim so i really appreciate your efforts
    http://healthandmedicine1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete